Skin Cancer Checks and Assessments
We provide early detection, diagnosis and management of skin cancers.
- Full skin examinations (“skin checks”)
- Punch, shave and excision biopsies
- Excision of most skin cancers
- Referral for removal of skin cancers (when required)
- Aftercare following skin cancer removal
- Regular surveillance following skin cancer removal
- Education about sun avoidance and skin cancer prevention measures
- Promoting skin cancer awareness
The Royal Australian College of General Practitioners (RACGP) recommends a formal skin check every 12 months:
All doctors can perform skin checks. Many doctors have completed postgraduate study in skin cancer detection.
Please identify at the time of appointment that you require a ‘Skin Check’ appointment:
Patients requesting skin cancer removal will first need a general appointment with the doctor to discuss their suitability and plan the most appropriate time for the procedure. Procedures will require an additional 30-60 minute appointment. You will be able to drive after your procedure.
Call us today to find out more about our skin cancer clinic.